Saturday, January 17, 2009
Exemplary
Today's Keynote Speaker was Bill Tancer, a self-proclaimed Data Geek that studies the trends of internet usage. His speech was very pertinent to my job and I was extremely interested in hearing how his analysis of how people use the internet can benefit Operation Smile. He spoke of the importance of social networks, and since I am the one that manages our Facebook and Myspace accounts, it related to my daily activities at Operation Smile. He talked about how traditional market research can be misleading because the participants in a study or survey might not be 100% honest. He stressed how information produced through his analysis of internet usage is less subjective because it is actual behavior (not how someone portrays their behavior) that is being observed. It was very interesting to learn how we might be able use this information. I am excited that Bill Tancer has volunteered his time to help us use this information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment